ABOUT THE BLOG
Unicorns are real
Memories are your Past. Dreams are your Future. Imagination is your Potential.
- Do you dream of living a more adventurous and exciting life?
- Would you like to wake up each day knowing that you can live your dream?
Dare Yourself To Venture In The Direction Of Your Dreams
If you have ever thought about moving to Scotland, wondered what your life would be like in the land of Unicorns, or if you are already here – you’ve come to the right place.
Dare to Done:
- Promotes Scotland
- Helps people move to the land of Unicorns
- Provides inspiration for Scots and Scots-at-heart, to discover the unexpected treasures around them.
Do you dream of living in Scotland?
I know from personal experience and by speaking with others, people move overseas for many reasons.
Our articles will help a variety of people who:
- Have dreamed of living in Scotland and the UK.
- Think moving overseas will help them escape the ordinary.
- Want to discover what expat life offers (before spending time and money).
- Are ready to consider an overseas move (solo, as a couple or with a family).
- Have started looking into what is involved in becoming a UK resident.
- Have relocated but want to make the most of their UK adventure.
- Are Commonwealth citizens with a grandparent born in the UK. You may be eligible to apply for a UK Ancestry Visa so you can live and work in the UK for 5 years. You can then apply for permanent UK residency and 1 year later, UK citizenship.
We would love to help you:
- Know if moving to Scotland is right for you.
- Obtain a genuine understanding of the pros and cons of living in Scotland.
- Create your own relocation and settlement plan.
- Expand your opportunities for happiness and success.
- Improve your chance to secure permanent UK residency (if that is your goal).
Discover the magic of Scotland
If you already live in Scotland, do you truly appreciate the magic around you?
Whether you were born in Scotland or moved here from another land (or from across the world like we did), let us help you discover the unexpected treasures around you – in Scotland, Europe or the rest of the world.
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
– Douglas Adams
A wonderful life in Scotland.
We’re an Aussie family who dared ourselves to escape the ordinary. So we sold everything, moved to Scotland and started a new life.
Hi. We’re Somone and Scott. We live in Glasgow with our sons Kalen and Logan. We’re Australian expats who moved to Scotland in September 2016 on a UK Ancestry Visa.
For the past three years, we have been helping others achieve their dream of moving to the UK. Based in Glasgow, we balance family-life, work and studies so together we can explore Scotland, Europe and the Northern Hemisphere.
From an early age, we have been footloose and full of wanderlust. We have lived in or visited most parts of Australia, holidayed abroad and dreamed of living overseas since we can remember. We consider relocating overseas as one of our peak life experiences – it’s up there with falling in love and having children.
As much as we love Australia, we always felt a bit nomadic. Maybe it was the size or the diversity of the country that made us want to keep moving (and move around we did). Deep down we knew it was just a matter of time before we flew the nest of our birth place and reconnected with our ancestral lands.
We waited 20 years to live on this side of the world. When we sold everything to move to a new country and start over again; it was like being reborn. It’s like all of our senses have been rebooted and enhanced. We created a fresh slate for ourselves with just the essentials. The richness in our lives now is the love and light we share with our family and friends, new and old. Every day we are grateful to be together as a family on our Scottish journey.
Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
– Mark Twain
For the first time in our lives, we actually feel like we belong. Living in Scotland, we feel calm. No two days are the same. Life is beautiful.
Our story demonstrates that selling everything, moving to the other side of the world and starting over again can positively change your life. And you don’t have to be wealthy to do it.